Essentials for traveling moms
1. A new bedtime story for the kids- We've read quite a few in the Magic Treehouse series and with nearly 50 books in the collection I can usually find something that’s topical for the trip. I also read some topical non-fiction with the kids before we go.
2. Wipes- For the plane, for the car, for whatever my son has smeared on his face.
3. A cheap digital camera- So the kids can take their own pictures. We make a photo book of the trip when we return.
4. No more luggage than I absolutely need- If our family can’t easily carry all of our luggage, we’ll repack until we can.
5. Non-perishable snacks- Fruit leather, granola bars, anything that won’t cause a hassle at customs but will be a good ‘tide me over’ for when we’re inevitably traveling and somebody gets hungry.