Costa Rica among the top 5 countries that provide the Best Health Care in the world.
I felt very proud to hear Costa Rica was ranked among the top 5 countries with the best health care systems on the planet, according to the Huffington Post. If you have ever being worried about traveling to Costa Rica for health issues, you can rest assure that you will be in a very safe environment from arrival to departure and that in case of any emergency you will be in the professional hands with access to the best health technology.
Here are 9 reasons I feel help Costa Ricans be healthy and also have great public and private health care systems:
1. The Lifestyle: Having a slower, laid back and tropical pace of living.
2. Fresh Water: The water throughout Costa Rica is good to drink. Approx. 99% of the urban population is connected to water supply, rural coverage is about 95%.
3. Healthy Food: Lots of healthy and non-preservative foods are available and more and more farmers are going ‘organic’.
4. The Weather: The weather in amazing year round. I honestly don’t remember the last time I got a cold.
5. Herbavores: Independent movements and social programs raise awareness to become vegetarian or vegan and understanding why animal protein is not good for the body.
6. Alternative Medicine: Allopathic medicine is losing a lot of credibility considering the corruption behind the health industry and many people are opting for alternative medicine. Such as acupuncture, etc which is also performed by the public and private health sectors.
7. Public & Private: If one doesn’t want to use public healthcare, for which you pay every month, but can be a little overburdened, you can opt for private health care and it is not that expensive. Rarely you pay more than $90 for a doctor’s visit and you get results normally the same day.
8. No Army: Not having a military helps us immensely! As the money invested in ‘defense’ follows the route of health and education, the way it should be everywhere!.
9. Upgraded: The country’s public and private health systems are constantly being upgraded, new hospitals are built and great staff is constantly in training. Procedures here are generally a half, a third, even a quarter of the cost than at first world countries and the doctors—many of whom get trained in the U.S., Canada, or Europe—they also know all the latest techniques, and clinics and hospitals have the most modern tools and equipments necessary for any treatment. This is one of the reasons why Costa Rica has become a top medical tourism destination for cosmetic surgery, knee and hip replacements, heart surgery, cosmetic dentistry, and more.
Costa Rica’s excellent and affordable health care is also largely the result of government investment in the health sector and the atmosphere of political stability also helps live and develop in a safe environment that contributes to the well being of its citizens. I’m aware that there are still so many areas where we need to improve, but year after year efforts are increased and also paying off to offer a healthy environment and keep the country also within the top list of happiest people on the planet.
Keeping it wild,